Experience classic Spain in this world class city. A great walking and eating city, Madrid offers visitors traditional and avant-garde tapas bars, cafés and cuisine, stunning art museums and art galleries, vibrant nightlife and the chance to visit classic towns such as Toledo, Aranjuez and Segovia. Traveling to Madrid puts you 90 minutes from the world class wineries of the Ribera del Duero region, as well as a selection of producers directly outside the city.
- Cook traditional Spanish food. After shopping for ingredients in the market, cook lunch with an acclaimed Madrid chef.
- Discover the Reina Sofia, Thyssen and Prado Museums with a private art guide. Spend the morning with an art specialist in your choice of museums.
- Visit specialty food shops in the historic Tribunal and Chueca districts. Shop for Spanish ingredients, tasting as you go, or stop in at unique shops selling ceramics, clothing, kitchenware and flamenco guitars.
- Explore Hapsburg Madrid. Be guided on a private walking tour. Highlights include the Royal Palace and the Plaza Mayor.
- Travel to Toledo for a day. A museum of a city, Toledo was the center of three co-existing medieval cultures.
- Visit El Escorial, Segovia or La Granja. Explore historic palaces and feast on Castillian cochinillo.
- Take a guided tapas tour. A moveable feast among traditional and modern bars, led by a local chef and culinary historian.